Thursday, August 13, 2009

Avoid Donattela Ristorante in Bobcaygeon


Donattela Ristorante
83 Bolton St., PO Box 971,Bobcaygeon K0M 1A0
705-738-4303 / 1-866-766-5836 / 416-702-7009 / Fax 705-738-2743

Overpriced & pretentious. For what you are paying ($25-$30) for a lunch entree and a bar beverage you would expect at the very least 3 star service with the food to match. I left disappointed and with the feeling that I had been "had". The problems began when I ordered a burger stuffed with cheese and bacon. When it arrived it was raw in the centre and the bacon was uncooked and the cheese was swimming in the blood of the burger beef. I switched to the pan seared pickerel, very expensive. The waitress was kind enough to inform me that my burger would be taken off the bill and the fish would be put on in its place. Your kidding right? Well, that's what I thought to myself. That goes without saying right? My meal should have been promo'd. After all, I had to watch my guests eat their meal before me, and then have them watch me when I ate mine.

For all those who are visiting Bobcaygeon and are looking for a decent meal try out the Water's Edge Restaurant. Nice location and great food that is priced to match. Oh by the way, if you were wondering about my fish - it was good, but it was small and luke warm.....


Paul.

P.S. Adding insult to injury:

Forgot to mention the fact that while the four of us were sitting down chatting, waiting for our meals to arrive, a member of the kitchen staff waltzed through the patio area (which is quite nice) and behind a fence at the back. What is so interesting about this? Well, it was the fact that he was carrying a shopping bag from the local Foodland grocery store. The staff member was carrying back bread (among other ingredients) to the kitchen. A restaurant that sides itself with quality is using low end baguettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment